Reading list for this year’s non-fiction reading project: a contemporary exploration of the first traces of human civilisation, circa 10,000-5,000 BC.
- Meave Leakey with Samira Leakey. The Sediments of Time: My Lifelong Search for the Past. Mariner Books, 2020.
- Chris Gosden. Prehistory: A Very Short Introduction. OUP, 2018.
- Rens Bod. World of Patterns: A Global History of Knowledge. trans. Leston Buell. John Hopkins University Press, 2022.
- Thomas Higham. The World Before Us. Penguin (Viking), 2021.
- Louise Humphrey and Chris Stringer. Our Human Story. Natural History Museum, 2018.
- Kermit Pattinson. Fossil Men. Harper Collins (Wiliam Morrow), 2021.
If there any titles you’d care to add to my reading list I am open to suggestions of anything published in the last ten years.